Vinnova supports early-stage startups with grant funding in order to validate, verify and develop their business. Vinnova’s goal is to create conditions for Swedish companies to develop their operations in phases where other funding is difficult to obtain.
Sweden is driving the Nordics to be the world’s best region for deep tech startups by developing unicorns such as Northvolt and Einride. Vinnova, Sweden’s government agency that administers state funding for research and development, supports companies at pivotal stages in their development.
Vinnova’s Innovative Startups grant program targets early-stage startups that are still too risky to attract external capital. 25 companies in total received funding of which 13 were deep tech companies (listed below).
Companies which received Vinnova’s Innovative Startups Stage 2 grant funding on 25 May 2022:
- Celluxtreme AB – Green leap composites
- Envue Technologies AB – Nanofluidic Scattering Microscopy
- Enphasys AB – Improved screening of the drug formulations of tomorrow
- DPella AB – Privacy preserving analytics
- Compular AB – More efficient and sustainable batteries
- Österlensaffran AB – Autonomous weed control in orchards
- MQP Sverige AB – Hoist for transfer of persons
- Cyclezyme AB – Enzymatic degradation and recycling of polyethylene terephthalate
- DANSiC AB – Sex-sorting of eggs
- Flow Below AB – Operating conditions on wastewater networks
- Lucero AB – Innovative work with 3D cell models, biotech
- Water in Sight AB – Transfer of weather measurements in low-income countries
- DermaCut AB – Wound assessment through artificial intelligence
Do you have a piece of Nordic deep tech news that you would like to share? What’s happening in your backyard, we’d like to know and share about it!